Stay current with 24 CEUs for every 2 year period. If you do not re-certify, you will need to test again to maintain your certification!
To better support certified LICT professionals, LICH is committed to a more robust communication effort. The certification center will keep LICT professionals well informed and promote training centers and businesses hiring LICT professionals.
LICT Professionals benefit from:
- Listing on LICH web site of companies with Landscape Industry Certified individuals on staff, who have maintained their certification with NALP.
Click here to see that list.
- “Hire a Professional” marketing campaign by LICH to people and businesses looking for companies with Landscape Industry Certified Technicians or Managers on staff.
- LICH promoting CEU program to businesses holding classes to add CEUs for attendance
Update your company contact information and your email address so that LICH can help you market your certification; and so that NALP can keep you informed of your certification status.
A Distinction of Excellence. When you choose Landscape Industry Certified professionals, you know the person working for you is distinguished from their competition. Be sure the next professional you hire is Landscape Industry Certified.
- Businesses with LICTs on staff receive free listing on LICH web site as part the LICH “Hire a Professional” marketing campaign, click here for listng.
It is the sole responsibility of each LICT professional to save all proof of attendance of CEU approved events for their renewal application every 24 months. Make your life easier by having your CEUs listed on the NALP website! Look or the LICT / CEU sign-in sheet at any training event you attend and your CEUs will be saved to your account with NALP. If you do not yet have an account, simply call Margo Rash at 703 456-4209 for your Username and Password, (re-certification payment will soon be available online!) Click here for NALP renewal application. To fill out your renewal application, you will need the Re-certification Requirements Sheet, click here.
Re-certifying Online: NALP now offers the opportunity for LICTs to keep a record of CEUs to re-certify on-line. To take advantage of this new service, go to the NALP website (click here); go to Certification and then to Re-certification Center. To login, first get your username and password by calling Margo at 703 456-4209. Using the CEU Submission/Tracking Form, you can post your CEUs for future use and re-certify when you need to. Note: the NALP fee has increased to $100 every two years.
The Amnesty Program is no longer available. LICTs who do not renew their certification(s) will not be certified with NALP and their companies will not be included on the List Of Companies with Certified Staff (unless other staff members have kept their certification active). Former LICTs will need to take the LICT test again if they wish to be recognized by NALP!
Training Centers / Providers of Workshops & Lectures etc.
LICH is the official NALP LICT test provider in the State of Hawaii. Individuals holding NALP certifications must re-certify every two years by reporting 24 CEUs earned. Generally 1 CEU for each hour of class. Workshop organizer should scan the training flyer and registration form and submit to LICH using the form below. Training flyer should have class date, agenda with session times, subject matter and qualifications of instructors. LICH will send the organizer information to NALP which will provide trainer with a sign-in sheet for LICTs to sign. The sign-in sheet will then be returned to NALP (address provided) by the trainer so that NALP can record the CEUs earned for the LICT.
- Submit training flyer and receive the NALP CEU approved logo for your event.
- NALP CEU approved logo on your flyer increases attendance.
- Benefit from greater number of class participants by free promotion of the LICT CEUs being offered by your class in LICH website and magazine. The magazine reaches 4,500 magazine subscribers.
Submit your training flyer here.