Stay current with 24 CEUs for every 2 year period.
To better support certified LICT professionals, LICH is committed to a more robust communication effort. The certification center will keep LICT professionals well informed and promote training centers and businesses hiring LICT professionals.
LICT Professionals benefit from:
- Listing on LICH web site of companies with Landscape Industry Certified individuals on staff, who have maintained their certification with PLANET (NALP). Click here to see that list.
- “Hire a Professional” marketing campaign by LICH to people and businesses looking for companies with Landscape Industry Certified Technicians or Managers on staff.
- LICH promoting CEU program to businesses holding classes to add CEUs for attendance
Update your company contact information and your email address so that LICH can help you market your certification; and so that PLANET can keep you informed of your certification status.
A Distinction of Excellence. When you choose Landscape Industry Certified professionals, you know the person working for you is distinguished from their competition. Be sure the next professional you hire is Landscape Industry Certified.
- Businesses with LICTs on staff receive free listing on LICH web site as part the LICH “Hire a Professional” marketing campaign, click here for lisitng.
It is the sole responsibility of each LICT professional to save all proof of attendance of CEU approved events for their renewal application every 24 months. Click here for NALP renewal application. To fill out your renewal application, you will need the Re-certification Requirements Sheet, click here. Starting in 2016, look for CEU Coupons at workshops, classes, product promotions etc. These coupons will help you keep a record of your CEUs.
Re-certifying Online: NALP now offers the opportunity for LICTs to keep a record of CEUs to re-certify on-line. To take advantage of this new service, go to the NALP website (click here); go to Certification and then to Re-certification Center. To login, first get your username and password by calling 1-800 395-2522. Using the CEU Submission/Tracking Form, you can post your CEUs for future use and re-certify when you need to. Note: the NALP fee has increased to $100 every two years.
Re-certification renewal occurs every two years at the end of the calendar year. If you are an LICT and missed a renewal by a year or more, or if you have NEVER re-certified with NALP/PLANET, you may still re-certify by documenting 24 CEUs for the two calendar years leading up to December 31st of the year you need to re-certify, and sending in the re-certification form to NALP. The perfect way to do this is to visit the LICT Booth at either the LICH or the HILA Annual Conference with a record of CEUs accrued during the last two years to get advice and receive help submitting your re-certification form under the amnesty rules.
Training Centers / Providers of Workshops & Lectures etc.
LICH is the official NALP LICT test provider in the State of Hawaii. Individuals holding NALP certifications must recertify every two years by reporting 24 CEUs earned. Generally 1 CEU for each hour of class. Workshop organizer should scan the training flyer and attendance form and submit to LICH using the form below. Training flyer should have class date, target audience, learning outcomes, agenda with session times, subject matter and qualifications of instructors. LICH will send the organizer coupons to give to LICTs at the end of the event verifying their attendance and the number of CEUs earned. The LICT is responsible for tracking their own CEUs and will take the coupon for their records.
- Get CEUs within 48 hours of submitting training flyer and receive the LICT CEU approved logo for your event.
- LICT CEU approved logo on your flyer increases attendance.
- Benefit from greater number of class participants by free promotion of the LICT CEUs being offered by your class in LICH website and magazine. The magazine reaches 6,000 magazine subscribers.
Submit your training flyer here.