Landscape Industry Certified Manager-Exterior or Interior
ABOUT THE EXAM
This exam is designed for exterior or interior landscape contractor business owners or managers, or those on the management fast-track.
- Multiple-choice exam
- Full exam contains seven sections – all sections must be passed to earn this designation
- Flexibility to test by full exam or by section
- Each section must be passed with a minimum score of 70%
- Retakes allowed
- 3 years to study and take the exam after registration
- Corporate Finance: #Questions: 70 | Time Allowed: 90 min.
- Exterior Production/Operation & Hort.: #Questions: 25 | Time Allowed: 30 min.
- Interior Production/Operation & Hort.: #Questions: 60 | Time Allowed: 45 min.
- Human Resources: #Questions: 55 | Time Allowed: 45 min.
- Leadership and Corporate Citizenship: #Questions: 45 | Time Allowed: 30 min.
- Marketing and Sales Management: #Questions: 55 | Time Allowed: 30 min.
- Risk, Law & Contracts: #Questions: 20 | Time Allowed: 15 min.
- Strategic Planning: #Questions: 30 | Time Allowed: 30 min.
Full Exam: $300 | Per Section: $75 (max $300) | Retakes: $50 per section
Full Exam: $400 | Per Section: $100 (no max) | Retakes: $75 per section
* Additional fees required for PSI computer-based testing as listed on the application.
- Group rates available. Call 800-395-2522.
- Accredited Schools: 50% off full exam
- Student Chapter Members (incl. faculty & student members): 25% off
- Students Members (not affiliated w/accredited school or student chapter members): 10% off
- New Graduate Members: 10% off
LICM-Exterior or Interior Test Registration Form click here
This is a self-study program. NALP / PLANET recommends, but does not require, study materials for the Landscape Industry Certified Manager exam. Books may be purchased through LICH by the set. To download the Study Manual Request Form, click here Study materials can also be used as in-house training and reference resources.
Series of 7 Landscape Industry Certified Manager – Exterior and Interior Study Manuals.
This set provides all the information you need to prepare for the Landscape Industry Certified Exterior or Interior Manager exam. Click here for the LICM Study Manual Order Form.
It also serves as an excellent educational material for owners and managers.
Human Resource Training Module / Risk, Law, and Contracts Module /
Strategic Planning / Corporate Financial Management / Leadership and Corporate Citizenship /
Marketing and Sales Management (for Exterior) / Guide to Interior Landscape Specifications (for Interior)
HOW TO REGISTER/APPLICATION
Complete the application, and mail or fax to NALP with your payment. NALP accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, or a check. Mailing address and fax number are provided on the application.
Re-certification is a major component of a strong certification program. Certified individuals are required to submit 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) on a two-year cycle to maintain active status.
MARKETING YOUR CERTIFICATION
Upon successful completion of your certification exam, NALP will provide:
- Certificate of achievement
- Lapel pin
- Wallet cards with good-through date
- Press release for publicizing your accomplishment
- Online toolkit with logos, marketing ideas and templates to help you promote your certification
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Listing on the Honor Wall