Landscape Industry Certified Technician-Interior
ABOUT THE EXAM
This exam is designed for interiorscape technicians.
- Multiple-choice exam
- Two-part exam – each exam must be passed to earn this designation
- Flexibility to test by full exam or by exam 1, 2
- Each exam must be passed with a minimum score of 70%
- Retakes allowed
- 3 years to study and take the exam after registration
Number of Questions: 108
Time Allowed: 2 hours
Plant identification; watering plants; top-watering and sub-irrigation systems; pruning and grooming; tropical plants and plant diseases.
Number of Questions: 152
Time Allowed: 2 hours
Pesticide labels and MSDS; pesticide safety; pesticide alternatives and beneficial; pesticide federal laws; pesticide application; equipment; insects; fertilizers; nutrient and misc. plant problems; customer relations.
Number of Questions: 260
Time Allowed: 4 hours
Includes content from exams 1 and 2 above.
Full Exam: $150 | Per Section: $75 | Retakes: $50 per exam
Full Exam: $250 | Per Section: $125 | Retakes: $75 per exam
- Group rates available. Call 800-395-2522 FREE.
- Accredited Schools: 50% off full exam
- Student Chapter Members (incl. faculty & student members): 25% off
- Students Members (not affiliated w/accredited school or student chapter members): 10% off
- New Graduate Members: 10% off
Special Test Accommodations
NALP complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by offering candidates with documented disabilities the opportunity to request aids and services that do not fundamentally alter the assessment process. For special accommodations, call 800-395-2522 FREE.
This is a self-study program. NALP recommends, but does not require, study materials for the Landscape Industry Certified Interior Technician exam. Study materials can also be used as in-house training and reference resources.
Review Study Materials
- Interior Plantscaping Reference & Study Manual – AB-0043
- Guide to Interior Landscape Specifications – AB-0008
To order Study Materials, click here
HOW TO REGISTER/APPLICATION (click here for Application)
Complete the application, and mail or fax to NALP with your payment. NALP accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa, or a check. Mailing address and fax number are provided on the application.
Re-certification is a major component of a strong certification program. Certified individuals are required to submit 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) on a two-year cycle to maintain active status.
MARKETING YOUR CERTIFICATION
Upon successful completion of your certification exam, NALP will provide:
- Certificate of achievement
- Lapel pin
- Wallet cards with good-through date
- Press release for publicizing your accomplishment
- Online toolkit with logos, marketing ideas and templates to help you promote your certification
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Listing on the Honor Wall